About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Lizzy










Well, Lizzy made her debut on Monday morning. 21 days early, boy were we surprised!



Here's how it happened!



Sunday night. 2:15- I wake up with dreams about contractions. Realize this is not a dream, check the clock. Every four minutes, but not too harsh.



2:26 am- decide to call dr. he advises that four minutes not too intense, wait and hour and call back. I go downstairs to plug in video camera, as this is the most important item I will be needing.



3 am- Tell Brandon he needs to get up. He decides to shower. Seems like a long time, I am sure he is trying to remove the paint from his body and hair (Did I mention all kitchen cabinets are empty and wet? Counter tops are papered and taped over and all dirty dishes from weekend are on top of my table because we can't use out sink) and I am growing increasingly miserable and impatient.




3:10- After calling neighbors to tell them we would be dropping off Caleb, water breaks while in the linen closet trying to wrestle an overnight bag out of storage. (We were going to be induced, so of course no bags were packed.)




3:12- Become hysterical, yelling at Brandon to get in the car, forget the luggage, forget the car seat, but get the cameras :)




3:20- Finally in the car with Caleb, drop him off, exchange pleasantries with the neighbors (I honestly wanted to scream get out of my face, but we love them and they were doing us a huge favor!) and race to the hospital.




3:23- Have a heated discussion with husband about which hospital to go to. Ours is 25 minutes away, and there is another that is a lot closer. We end up at our hospital.




3:50- pull into parking lot after a 90mph car ride during which I was certain I was going to give birth in the back of the car.





3:55- Nurses ask stupid questions like my name, birth date, blood type- None of which I have the answers to, except yes! to the epidural.


4:00am- in bed, strapped to monitors, checked by Dr. get grave news there will be no drugs, we are pushing her out NOW!



4:18am - Eliza Michael Jones is born. 6lb 11 oz



4:20- Brandon runs to the car to get the camera!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What a wild ride! I am glad baby Lizzy is here safe and sound! Note to self- don't assume a planned c-section means things will go as planned ;-)How is big brother adjusting?!

eleventhirtysix images said...

Holy Crap, Frances!!!! What an awesome story, and you barely made it! She's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty. Absolute perfection. Good job, Mama!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

2 Freaking Hours!!! Girl, you are super woman!!!! Everybody says that is how it goes with the 2nd, it just slips on out! EL Naturale!! YIKES!!! I am so glad you survived that ordeal, she is Beautiful!!!!

Misty Rice said...

Yea!!! Congratulations! I love being right. LOL A beautiful little girl. Perfect!!! So beautiful.

Happy Blessings.