About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

labor, trauma, school and cupcakes

Such a crazy weekend! It was really Laborious, painting, painting and cleaning. And we managed to sneak in a visit to the playground and the beach.

Monday was a little traumatic with a trip to the ER. Caleb was upstairs settling in for his nap, when we heard a scream. I went upstairs to find him in a pool of blood. Of course, I freaked out and Brandon freaked out and we rushed to the hospital with a baby covered in a bloody towel and a crying mom covered in blood, only to realized that he had just bitten his tongue. The doctor sent us home with a bill and a pat on the head. Better safe than sorry, though!




Tuesday was Caleb's first day of school. (Just two mornings from 9am-12:30pm) We packed a lunch and carried his backpack and he went in with out any problems at all. When I went to pick him up the teachers all started cracking up because he had fallen asleep at the lunch table, with his little head slumped into his pasta. He had a great time and didn't miss mom at all.



In preparation for the new baby, we have moved Caleb out of the crib. I know we have a little while to go (27 days to be exact), but everything I have read says that the crib should be neutral territory for at least a month before a baby arrives, so here we are. We got new sheets and pillows and cupcakes to celebrate the milestone. Yummy! The first night he was so tired, he fell asleep during books, but the second night was a little tougher. He did not want to sleep there! So I ended up laying down with him until he fell asleep. Then at about 3am I woke up because I was so hot, well that's what happens when I little boy climbs into bed with you and snuggles up. I was able to put hims back in his bed without any problems. I sure we haven't seen the last of our great sleeper!




















This will make you laugh.....Caleb obviously goes to the OB with me for my appointments. Because I don't trust him in the exam room alone, he goes into the bathroom with me. All of you moms know you have to give a urine sample every time. We were there yesterday and Caleb says, "here you go Mom, you need a cup" and hands me the specimen cup.
I really hope I'm not scarring him.






3 comments:

Misty Rice said...

YOu have me laughing about the ER run with the bitten tongue. Too funny....

You are almost there mama and I so can't wait to meet the new family member.

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Hehehehe! I am laughing about the OB visits...No way would I trust my little booger in the exam room by himself, eithere! I don't really remember much prior to age 3 or 4 so I am sure he'll be fine! LOL!

Cyndi said...

How funny, I don't think he's scarred until has asks for a cup to potty in!