About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Teal was my favorite color in 1994

So its been a busy couple of weeks around here. Caleb started talking like a real person. Sort of....He is in the mammma, mammma, mmma, mmmamma, mmma, mmmama phase- its a little exhausting. Sometimes he actually has something to say. The conversation goes like this:

"Mamma, mammma, mammma. ( or Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, daddy, daddy....) "
"Yes, Caleb?"
"Mamma, I need to tell you something."
"ok, what do you need to tell me?"
"Um, blah blah blah. ice cream. blah blah, wow wow wubbzy. blah blah monster- roar sounds. blah blah. (singing now) Hello to Shauna. blah blah blah."

Note that blah blah= unintelligible baby babble

Other new phrases include: "No, I fine" this is most often the response to....did you do poop? are you hungry? would you like some milk?
"I don't sink so" and my personal favorite..."I help mommy" oh goody!

Caleb also officially master climbing out of the crib. So we are giving the toddler bed another shot. He hasn't been a great napper anyway, and last night was the first time and he didn't make an appearance in our room, so hopefully, this will go smoothly.


We have been in our house for exactly a year and slowly we have been making improvements. painting, new fixtures, etc. We are taking on the first of two major projects this week. The first being new kitchen counters. These are the pictures I had to send into the showroom for templating. Aren't they lovely? Thankfully, they are being replaced with beautiful charcoal solid quartz. I can't wait. and cross your fingers they will be done before the new baby. New floors will come over the Christmas break...

We are also embarking on another big/small project. I hate the downstairs bath. So while the boy is having a sleepover in Brooklyn. We are painting, pulling out the lovely shower door, and replacing all of the gold fixtures. I don't think we'll get to the floor to ceiling mirrored doors this weekend, but it will be a huge improvement. I will post before and afters this weekend, if we survive!

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Good Luck!! I always dread those type of projects, but it is so rewarding when they are done!! We want to convert my office to a playroom and move my office to the formal living which we never use. I know I will be glad when we do it, but I just keep putting it off because it all seems so exhausting!!! Can't wait to see your before/after pics!