About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crocodile Birthday Party

Today we celebrated Dennis the Croc's 1st birthday. Dennis is an add water and watch him grow crocodile that we purchased. He has happily been living in tupperware on the counter for the last week. He likes to be petted and given water. He also has had the pleasure of playing in the sandtable and getting baths in the hose.









Sydney sings Happy Birthday, all the time. Every day, no matter if its someone's b-day or not. Somehow it was decided that it was actually Dennis's birthday and we should have a party. On Tuesday we made crowns as a project and we decided that we should definitely wear these to the party.
The kids wore their crowns as well as special birthday smocks to decorate and eat their cupcakes. Yummy! Everyone had a great time, even though Dennis didn't get any cake.



Caleb is a parrot. We often walk to the playground in our neighborhood or play in Shauna's front yard which is at the end of our street. Between her house and the playground is a rather busy street that people drive entirely too fast down. The speed limit is 25 (a school zone) but there are no stop signs. I have taken to yelling out, "too fast" when I encounter these drivers. We were playing in the yard yesterday when four cars flew down the street. I of course yelled at them. The very next car that passed, an elderly man driving 10 mph, Caleb screamed, "too fast, too fast!" made me laugh
On a more disgusting, I don't know where he learned it note. Caleb was lying in my bed the other day as I was getting ready to go somewhere. He looked up at me and said, "I picka my nose and eat a boogie." I almost gagged as I ran to get a tissue to clean out his mouth and we had a long talk about germs and dirt. Still funny, though.




3 comments:

Aunt Shellie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DENNIS!!!!

Pets happily living in tupperware on the counter sound like "perfect" pets.

The Loftis Family said...

Cute birthday - any excuse to eat cupcakes, right?

Come on, did he get the boogie thing from you?!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Looks like so much fun and the Boogie is too funny! Love my camera..it is the Nikon D40X. Expensive, but nice! I figure it was a big investment, but in the long run it would probably be cheaper than taking him to get pictures done all the time! LOL!