About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

two-year-olds can't ride on the plane alone?


Caleb and I just returned from a great trip to Texas. We spent the weekend in Corpus Christi with Cheryl, Aly and Adrien. The weather was a little iffy, but we ended up having a great time. We played video games and rode go-carts (Cheryl and the boys did anyway) and Saturday at the beach and the aquarium.















Sunday we made a pit stop at the outlets-yippee! and headed back to Austin. We did not eat lunch on the way home, which I was a little disappointed about, but with good reason. The girls surprised me with a lovely baby shower for the newest Jones baby (pics to be posted soon!) It was a great time, I just wish I had known so I could have showered. oh well : )
















Monday we did some Austin stuff....Chipoltle, pappasito's and grabbing some UT garb. We also hit the Sno-cone stand where the boys and the moms enjoyed a cool treat because it was a scorcher!

Getting home was a little stressful because there was a computer glitch in Atlanta that delayed planes all over the place. We were able to kill time, but I was really surprised at the airlines reaction when I pointed out that Caleb and I were not sitting together on the last leg of our trip. The reps response was to go to our assigned seats and then ask other passengers to switch around because the flight was oversold. So picture me 8 months pregnant, with a 2 1/2 year old a car seat and two carry-ons. I say, you want me to go to row 11 and send my son to row 15 and hope someone will switch? are you kidding? Some people are crazy,,,,anyway long story short I did not have to leave him unsupervised on the plane and we eventually made it home.








2 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I agree, Airlines are ridiculous! We were flying back to Texas from Florida in June and the steward actually asked me if Ryder was a lap baby. Ummmm.duh! They are so frustrating! Glad you had fun in Tejas and hope you got some goood baby garb!!!

Aunt Shellie said...

I would have switched seat with anyone on the plane had a 2 year old been seated next to me without his mother. hahaha =)