About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sesame Place

We went on our exciting trip to Sesame Place this weekend and had a blast. The park is half dry rides and half waterpark. First, we had breakfast with Cookie monster. Caleb was a little nervous about all of the characters, but he was also really excited and couldn't eat, so I just smuggled some cereal and a bagel out in my bag. We spent Friday morning doing the rides (well, Brandon and Caleb rode the rides-I took a video) I think there should be a pregnant mommy discount, I couldn't ride anything.





Caleb had a lot of fun riding the rides, but my favorite part was the water park. We just pulled up chairs and let the kiddo splash. He crashed out on the way back to the hotel, slept on the bed for about 20 minutes, slept in the car on the way to the restaurant (I wanted a salad, but Brandon made me go to on the Border- mmm queso!) The baby woke up long enough to eat his nachos and fell back asleep in my arms.
Day two was just as fun, but we ran out of steam a little quicker. After lunch Caleb fell asleep, he even slept through the parade. Don't worry I got it all on video, and we have watched it about 10 times since coming home.


We were a little disappointed with Sesame Street. I guess I thought it was going to look more like Brooklyn. Really, it was Brooklyn painted on a mural.















Here we are enjoying Elmo's world, well Caleb was enjoying it!
The lazy river is supposed to be a leisurely ride, but it was a struggle for Brandon because Caleb just wanted to swim, which I guess in SSP you're not allowed to do. Who ever heard of that?


This is how they get you to buy their pricey photo packages.....they take away the background, so it looks like you're floating!


Our first character encounter, no tears, but no hugs either. He warmed up by the end of the weekend.


Big Bird had to have a chair, I guess that neck is cumbersome- I also noticed he wasn't in any of the shows. Guess you have to have seniority to be him, less physical activity!












Zoe used to be my favorite girl character, but now I am liking Abby. I think its the dress, or maybe the wand...maybe the wings. hmmm, I think I have found my Halloween costume. Here's a snap of the Treasure Hunt show- just minutes before our kid passed out!
Funny things Caleb does:
His favorite game is diner or concession stand. He stands at my feet and asks, "apple juice?" "apple juice?" Sometimes it takes me a minute to catch on, they I say, "yes, please" and he runs off and brings me pretend juice, then I ask for milk, ice cream, pasta, eggs, pizza, the game continues until I can't think of anything else to ask for. But, its pretty funny.
This evening, I was upstairs putting away some laundry when Caleb started yelling, "pee pee, pee pee" I should mention that he was only wearing a diaper because we were watering the flowers earlier and of course that turned into splashing into Caleb being completely soaked. So I skipped tubby time and just stripped him in the yard and dried him off. Anyway, I came downstairs to find him totally naked on my floor, because he recently become fascinated with trying to take off his diaper. Today he succeeded. I asked him if he did pee pees on the floor and he told me yes. So I was really stressing out about pee on my carpet. Thankfully, he was joking because he loves to joke about pee and poop. little boy! So, we sat on the toilet and had a discussion about peeing on mommy's beautiful carpet. Hope he was listening.

3 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

O.K., I just have to say that you do NOT even look pregnant!!!! If I didn't know, I wouldn't. You look absolutely fabulous!! Looks like so much fun...one of those that you need a vacation from your vacation, huh? Glad you guys had fun!

Aunt Shellie said...

Can you tell me how to get how to get to Sesame Street dah dada da dah dada dah

eleventhirtysix images said...

Good gravy, I think I just got overstimulated from the pictures alone. I'm pretty sure Charlotte's head would explode. I bet it was a blast, though!!!

I tagged you in one of those silly but fun little blog tag things, on mine. :o)

Hope your week is great!