About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

well we got a lot done


It was another busy weekend here. I woke up Friday morning thinking, oh we should really think of something fun to do with the baby this weekend. Then I remembered how last weekend was all about him and decided he had probably had enough fun, so we could do some things around the house! (I think I am getting nervous about his adjustment to the new baby and am overcompensating a bit.)


Friday night was date night! We had one of our favorite babysitters (the other fave is her twin sister!) come over and we went to the movies. Here is a picture...clearly I do not get out of the house enough if I am putting on make up and heels for the movies. We did get wings first, so there was the excuse, and I just cut my hair off, so I wanted to see it all done up : ) BTW we saw Ironman, very very good. Totally worth the $100 is cost us to go see it. I think.




I spent the last week painting Caleb's room. Everything in our house is the same pale yellow, which is fine except when its every single wall. I had been wanting to paint for awhile and finally settled on this nice green. He is also getting a frog mural on the blank wall...when I get a chance and he will be upgrading to a big boy bed in the next few months.


Our other project for the weekend was new light fixtures. Brandon found this one, as well as a matching pendant light for our kitchen. (Its not hung, because it got late and you have to cut the power to attach and he couldn't see in the dark!) Its an amber tiffany dome with green trim- so perfect! You can see the floor lamp from our Pottery Barn escapade from a few weeks ago on the right, and there is a bench on the front side of the table in stead of chairs. So, little by little we are putting this place together. ps- disregard the yucko blinds, they are next on the list to go! We also spent a lot of time looking at floor and counter sample so that we can redo our kitchen soon. I can't wait!



Funny kid alert: Caleb calls shoes his shoeson...its especially funny when he says he wants he shoeson off!






1 comment:

Aunt Shellie said...

I thought maybe Caleb was speaking chinese "Shoe Son"....he is so smart ya know.

I was planning on painting the kitchen over my vacation week 7-7/7-11, but Leo did it last Sunday. I am so pleased.