About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

While Brandon was away

So, Brandon had his big weekend in Wyoming and Caleb and I spent the weekend having fun and trying to keep cool. Saturday we went to music class and then to the art store for some supplies. You can see the projects we worked on below. A visor with Caleb's name (he calls it a puppy hat?) and a hand painted, glittered and jeweled picture frame to send to his great-grandmother. He's really getting funny about the things he says. All through the store, we were talking about doing art projects and making the frame for Mama, and he kept saying, "I can't wait mama, I can't wait!" When it was all done he said, "Oh, its so beautiful!" man I love that kid!









On Sunday we went to Bounce U- A huge warehouse of bouncy toys and slides. He loved it. I was worn out, and the next time we go it will have to be with Dad. Caleb was very brave, there were some pretty steep slides and he was all about it. I did not try them out- Caleb has mastered the phrase, "oh mommy, your belly too big." thanks buddy!

After bouncing away, we headed to the beach. Caleb was content to water the sand while I cooled my feet in the waves. A nice way to spend the afternoon. Then we had pizza for lunch and the world's longest (or what felt like) tea party.
Caleb has rebelled against naps in the last few days. He has also mastered climbing from his crib. Its been really hot, so I moved his pack and play into our bedroom where its cooler, amazingly, he can climb from that, too. Go figure! I am attributing it to the heat and missing Dad, but I am ready for a break!
So, I worry about how much I do with Caleb. Is he having fun, being stimulated, am I teaching him something every day? Because while he is supposed to be napping, we just lie there and watch tv. Its the only way I can keep my sanity, but I still feel a little guilty. I guess as a parent, you do as much as you can and hope that its enough. He seems happy, he passed out at 8:00 while I was cleaning up the dinner dishes.


5 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Everything you guys do sounds so creative to me! I have the TV on around here too, and I tell myself that it is good for Ryder's language development. I struggle with the same thing, am I interacting with him enough..is he socialized enough...will he learn all of the things he is supposed to learn. I am going to go to Target and pick up a few supplies, you've motivated me. I figure at 10 months he can't do much, but even if I let him make a mess with finger paint we are doing something together and he is learning new textures...right? Hope you are feeling good. Lots of Love from Texas-

Anonymous said...

You rock Mommy! I whole-heartedly agree with you that the third trimester is the worst! And look at you!... do you ever stop?! Caleb and and his little bro/sis are lucky to have you. When is your due date exactly? Trev's bday is Oct 26... I think Halloween babies are perfect ;-)

Misty Rice said...

Yea when is your due date? Are you going to be surprised on what you are having?

As for the New Mexico quarter, yes its on our list and Hunter TODAY just called me from Cape Cod with his dad saying he got one too. How funny. However he may lose it by the time he gets back here so hang on to it just incase. LOL

Thanks

Misty Rice said...

Its SO A GIRL if you are keeping it a surprise!!!!! LOL

I put my bet on it now! :)

Guess what I was digging in my own wallet today and I too have the same New Mexico quarter so you can spend yours. heheh

Thanks so much girl and you need to post some new belly pictures soon.

Blessings

Misty Rice said...

Hey girl I don't have your email so I wanted to give you my new URL name to my blog

www.theytakemybreathaway.blogspot.com

Thanks