About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sparklers aren't for toddlers

For whatever reason, our town does a fire works display on the 3rd of July every year. We can see them shoot them off from our backyard, which is nice, because who wants to take babies to the beach in that crowd and then have to sit in traffic?

So, we had some friends over and grilled fajitas and ate guacamole. Happy Birthday America! I bought a variety pack of sparklers for the kids and Brandon looked at me like I was crazy. I guess three is a little young to play with something that is on fire. You live and learn. Here Caleb is helping his dad with them.
I love pictures like this, especially when I think about these two about eight years from now. They are going to be so over us trying to talk them into being boyfriend and girlfriend. Still, I cross my fingers for a Will and Grace finale repeat.


The lounging lizard princess, pictured at left, is now pulling herself up. It won't be long before she is climbing the stairs. I haven't quite figured out how to solve that problem.
I have only 83 days left until my 39 mile walk. I took a look at the training schedule. You're supposed to walk like 12 miles at a time...who has time for that? I can get out of my house for about an hour alone, and that's at 9:30. If I walked for 12 miles, I wouldn't get home until midnight. Guess I better walk faster!

No comments: