About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I have commanded you, be strong and courageous


Here is a great shot of Caleb and Adrien in Myrtle Beach. We were so lucky to be able to share a week at the beach with our good friends. The kids had a great time. Caleb loved the ocean and would stay out in the waves for as long as he could convince someone to take him. He even got knocked down a few times, but got right back up for more!

We stayed over night in Washington D. C. and got to look around a little bit. We'll probably have to do this again when the kids are a little older because Caleb wasn't as impressed with the Washington monument as he was with the fireflies he caught and the sprinkler we let him run through.
Caleb is 3 and can finally ride the tricycle Brandon got him for his 1st birthday. Here is a picture of his birthday party, where he would not take off his Superman pj's. We had it on a Monday morning and served KK donuts and chocolate milk! yummy!


Here is Lizzy being bossy to her baby cousin Talia! and another shot of her first time in the pool! She loved it.


Eliza is 9 months old! She is pulling herself up and yesterday she tried to scoot around the ottoman to get to her daddy! I just had a tagsale to get rid of all baby stuff (sniff, sniff!) and all single strollers- there were 3!



Its been kind of a crummy summer so far, with only a few sunny days sprinkled in, all of my TX friends are probably a little jealous of the "blazing" 85 degree weather we're experiencing.
We just finished an amazing week of Vacation Bible School! I had the privilege to teach 1st and 2nd grades. Being with them was such a great experience and made me so excited about loving Jesus and sharing the words of the bible with such eager, bright, enthusiastic little minds. I have really come to love our church, although I wasn't sure it was the place for us, I am sure of it now. I am so thankful that we are there and Caleb and Eliza are going to grow up in such an amazing church family.
I will begin my days with renewed gratitude and joy for all that I have!









2 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Awww...I love hearing about you guys! Lizzy has gotten so big!!! Hard to believe she is 9 months old! Caleb is precious as always...I am so glad you guys found a church and feel happy and at home! What an amazing feeling!

I'd take your crummy summer right about now...this 104 stuff everyday is getting really old!

jackie said...

Lizzy says "Talk to the hand" Talia.

Aunt Shellie and Grandma