About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Caleb's Birthday Bash














We had a great birthday party on Saturday. Caleb and I spent all of Friday afternoon baking 45 cupcakes for the party. Nana Cheryl flew in on Friday night, yippee! Saturday morning was a blur, Caleb and Brandon went to swim class, home depot and two trips to BJ's!
(I had too much to do, so Caleb had to help out!)








The rain suit from Caleb's dress up box-he's been wearing it for three days!



After much stress over the weather forecast, we had a beautiful day-sunny and breezy! And we were able to get it all together just as our guests were arriving. We had 16 toddlers, 3 babies, all of their moms and dads, 2 grandmas, and 1 cousin. It was full house! Everyone had a great time playing and eating with one exception. Poor Nicholas fell off the see saw and broke his arm. Ouch!








No one told me I was flashing the camera, so here's some creative editing.




I got some great pictures, but I spent a lot of the time eating all of the delish food we had, so I don't have shots of all of the kids. (Anyone who has
more shots, please forward them to me!)



















I wasn't sure if Caleb knew it was his birthday, but we have a great video of him singing "Happy Birthday to me" into his cupcake, so I'm pretty sure he got it! Presents were great, but the kiddos got into them before I could stop them and I'm not sure who gave us what- so if you get a thank you with the wrong gift. So so sorry!





















On Sunday, I broke the stove so we had to walk to Marnick's for breakfast. As long as Caleb got his pancakes, everything was ok! and we finally gave him our present- a sand and water table that he loves! It will be hours of fun.








Happy Birthday Caleb!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pics are fantastic! It looks like Caleb had a very happy birthday! And, by the way, the pool isn't ours (i wish), it's at my in-laws.

Oh, and the friends link...if you're viewing your blog, go to customize at the top.
Under the "layout" tab and the "page elements" section you'll see the little boxes that say "header", "blog posts", etc. You will see a box that says "add element". Click on it and select "links list" from the options. Once it opens, type a title for the element ("Friends' blogs" for examp.), and in the "site name" section, type in the name of the link (which can be "dynamite" for examp.), then type the url in the site url section (www.towersfam.blogspot.com in our case).
Then, just click add and repeat for as many links you want to add.
That's probably waaay more info than you needed... sorry!

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!!! The Cupcakes make me hungry just looking at them!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I'm not sure why yours looks different. I am by NO means an expert here. Did you click to add a new "element" each time or did you click "add" repeatedly in the same window that opened when you clicked "link list"? I can't figure out why the list shows up the way it does on your blog. It may be that the template for your blog is just different than mine... I'm not sure!