About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

day three is the toughest

I am babysitting this summer for our friends Taylor and Sydney who are 3 and 19 months old. They will be with us 3 1/2 days a week until September when spots open up at their daycare. We had a lot of fun the first two days because it was beautiful outside, so we played, went for walks, hung out at the beach... The kids were so tired, that after lunch they basicly slept until their mom came to pick them up.

Caleb is handling it pretty well, he likes to lay on them so we're exploring the lesson of personal space right now. But, taking turns and sharing hasn't been as big an issue as I had expected.

Well, that was days one and two....Now its day three and its raining, something I wasn't fully prepared for. Its 11:30 and so far we have taken every single toy out of its been (OmG I Hate sorting toys!) made mother's day cards from construction paper and glue, had two snacks and made blue play-dough. Right now they are parked in front of Elmo. I hate to stick them in front of the tv, but I needed a break : ) The playdough was an experience, but lots of fun! Its interesting to watch how differently they react to it, I don't know if its girls vs. boy or just our households, but the girls were a little stressed that their hands were dirty and while I was reassuring them that it was ok to get a little messy, I look over and Caleb is not only covered he has a big glob in his mouth! It has over a cup of salt in it, so he is sure going to be thirsty later! I wish my camera had been charged because it sure was funny!

If anyone has any rainy day activities please let me know because we are getting more of this tomorrow!

2 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

I am laughing so hard when you describe Caleb with the Play Dough in his mouth! I think you have done a great job! How creative with the Mother's Day Cards! I am sitting here trying to think of things that they would think is fun, but really just helps you out...I'm at a loss but I'll keep thinking! Funny it was raining here all week and today is our first sunny day so we've been out all morning! Even had a little picnic outside! I guess our yuck moved your way...:(

eleventhirtysix images said...

I just found your blog, and yesterday I found this site... www.rookiemoms.com. One of the things I love about it is there are a bazillion different ideas of "stuff to do."

Maybe you can find something there?

And congrats on the baby-on-the-way!!!!