About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So much excitement






Well there's nothing like a crane and a mulcher to keep four toddlers entertained! After having snacktime at the beach Caleb, Taylor, Sydney and our neighbor Shauna came home to the tree guys removing our front tree (a yucky black walnut that dropped walnuts in our yard that hurt our feet) and don't worry we'll plant something to replace it! and trimming the trees in our side and back yards. It was pretty cool to watch them climb up and the limbs fall, but the kids liked the mulcher the best.



We have an annoying herron problem in the trees in our side yard. They lay eggs and poop all over everything. Well they came back this year and were building nests like crazy. The tree guys trimmed the trees and removed the nests. Thank goodness! I just knew that one day one of those crazy birds was going to peck out my baby's eyes. Anyway, I thought we were in the clear when wouldn't you know it, those pesky birds were back up there nesting away. Do you think anyone would notice a pregnant woman on the roof with a paintball gun?




Just to prove I'm not totally heartless, we've also been feeding a mommy Robin who laid eggs in a bush in front of our house. Even though the crazy bird flies out at me every time we walk through the front yard, I resist the urge to knock the nest out so it won't make me almost pee my pants when I am watering the lawn.






















3 comments:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

How awesome would that be to have snack time at the beach!!??? We have snack time out on the front walk and think that is big time!!! LOL! TTW, your trees look good, too!!!

Aunt Shellie said...

Well I don't have any wild life problems, but I did have to tell the new neighbor "not" to walk his 2 dogs past my bedroom window (yes up in my yard that close to my house). He shook his poop bag at me....I don't care if he does clean it up "This is my house"!!!!!
xoxo Aunt Shellie

Misty Rice said...

Hey there I love how your blog looks and the spread out of pictures etc. How do you do that? How are you feeling this time around so far? When is your due date?