About Me

My photo
Stratford, CT
Just a mom trying her best to make the most of every day.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hooray for the Sun!


After a yucko day yesterday, we were blessed with a day of sunshine. I put away the painting project we had planned and we headed for the playground and beach. Two in a stroller and one walking makes for quite an adventure. This particular locale usually takes about 15 minutes with one kiddo in a jogstroller- we got there in about 45. oh well! It was fun.



I get tons of magazines, and typically retain about 1% of the info, the new Parents had tips on taking great pics of your kids. I tried to apply what I had learned. Here are the results!










Here's what I took away:


1. let kids be kids and take a lot of pictures


2. never say look this way


3. crop creatively


4. photograph the in-between moments


5. zoom in


6. catch your child when he's ignoring the camera


7. convert to black and white


(the little one was asleep a lot of the trip, so I didn't get as many shots of her!)



Another thing I am excited about investigating is something called milkscreen- it tests breast milk for dangerous levels of alcohol if you're nursing. I love wine, so I'll be ordering them at UpSpringBaby.com..

No comments: